A little liebster (loving) goes a long way
Last week when I received a lovely email from Kat at shewontgoquietly nominating me for a Liebster Award I decided to undertake a little bit of research in to the meaning behind said award. The Liebster rules and regulations have changed over time, however the core values of this award still remain the same, to recognise bloggers and their work and to give fellow bloggers a chance to say hey you're one of my favourites and you are doing an amazing job!
What a great way of shedding light on some brilliant blogs and I have found it is also a handy way to discover more amazing bloggers in the online community. To keep the good times rolling I have completed part one of my duty as a nominee by answering Kat’s ten questions below (snaps to you on the question front Kat, certainly had me thinking for a while on some of these!).
1. Why did you start a blog?
I started my blog as a form of communicating with my ideal clients. It has naturally progressed to include life experiences and also help to showcase some of my photography work.
2. What would your perfect day look like?
If I was here at home in Sydney it would be a sleep in and breakfast with my love a trip to a farmers market to pick up fresh flowers for our home, a beautiful late lunch by the seaside and I would finish the day with wine and a good foreign film at home on the lounge. If we were in Paris, our most favourite place in the world the day would start with an excessive amount of pastry for breakfast, then a day spent strolling the streets shopping up a storm followed by wine and from-age in the afternoon sunshine and a late ‘parisian’ style dinner in a classic french bistro, c'est bon!
3. How would you like to be remembered?
For being a kind and generous soul.
4. What makes you laugh?
At the moment anything those two cool cats of the Bondi Hipsters fame do. Their new show Soul Mates (ABC2 thursday nights at 9:30pm) is hilarious!
5. What is your favourite season, and why?
Summer always wins in my books, I don't like being cold and I feel like sunshine gives me superpowers, I always feel amazing when the sun is shining.
6. If you're a character from a film, TV show or book, who are you?
Possibly Nina from Offspring. I am always worry about others and have a million conversations going on in my head at once hahah! ( however I think this quirk is part of every bloggers makeup).
7. Do you have a secret claim to fame? For example, a book you've had published, a 15-second radio commercial, that girl from the Brand Power ads…?
Unfortunately no claims to fames here only a mere close call. I was going to appear on TV dating show many years ago but it must have been that terrible because the pilot didn't even get picked up by any of the networks, think I dodged a curve ball there.
8. If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
That everyone could be nice to each other. The other day I was sitting in traffic and noticed a tradesman in a truck behind my jump out of the drivers seat (whilst his vehicle was stationary) and give his packed lunch from home to a homeless man sitting on the pavement. I haven't stopped thinking about this fleeting moment of absolute kindness since it happened.
9. What’s your go-to lazy dinner?
10. If you could apparate (ref. Harry Potter) anywhere in the world for just one day, where would it be?
The Sacre Coeur in Paris, the view from there takes your breath away and it will now remain a very special place to me and my love after he proposed to me under a lamp post there late one evening in late June this year.
Part two of my nomination requires me to nominate in return some of my favourite blogs and their creators for the award. Below I have listed blogs that I have either followed for a long time or have just recently discovered through different blogging communities.
Okay lovelies now here is your list of questions and I look forward to reading your answers:
1. What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
2. What is your all time favourite post that you have written to date? Share it here in your answer.
3. Do you speak any other languages other than English, if not what is one language that you would love to learn?
4. Favourite beverage? Coffee, tea or wine?
5. What is the one thing you are most proud of in your life?
Super fun experience folks and so nice to share the loving around. Post your favourite blogs in the comments for others to discover!