Caring for silk - a lesson in longevity from NATALIJA
Simple changes in the way you care for your clothing can make a big difference on the environment, as well as making sure your garments last as long as possible.
Here a few tips on how to care for your silk garments from local Sydney designer, Natalija Bouropoulos who has a passion for working with luxurious silk fabrics under her self-titled brand NATALIJA.
1. Hand wash your silk inside out and use a liquid detergent in cold water.
2. Silk should be stored in a cool, dry place on a hanger.
3. Silk does not absorb odours, so often a good air will help keep garments fresh.
4. Steam or cool iron on reverse to restore your silk's lustre.
5. When travelling, place your garment in a lingerie bag to protect it from snagging.